misc

Well hi everybody just been busy with my vectrex system and last night while
searching for PIC controller boards something came to mind.

There are available little pinned sim and dim modules from parralax and
micomint that consist of a Pic and it's supporting circuitry, with a number
of pins to suppy i/o, the Basic Stamp is the precusor of these.  These have
there own programmable memories and are used for variouse controll functions
instead of logic (programmed in basic) and plug directly in circuit boards.

I was thinking what a great oppertunity for misc processors to do a simular
job.  Another thing that has come to mind is that the industry is moving
towards standardisation, PC's, Java PICBasic are just a few.  In matter of
fact if the misc processors were to support a common standard say, Java,
PICBasic or Forth ;), it would greatly enhance this sort of application.

I would also like to ask if anybody out there is planning on making an ISA
or PCI card with Misc's ?  I think there are possibility where the Misc could
master the bus and use the cheap hardware for embedded PC/104 applications.

Well I hope this might prove to be a helpfull suggestion.

Also Eddie send me an Email, I lost the last one.

Wayne.

PS.  I am currenttly thinking of piggybacking my mup onto a eeprom/ram chip,
does anybody know of any suitable types (I am thinking of using 16, or
32-bit, and hobelling the extra data pins).