Starting P21Forth

Dear MISC readers,
I've got a P21 system sort of cobbled together on a breadboard, and it
doesn't appear to be working (yet.)  I want to make sure I'm doing this
right:
P21Forth version 1.02 displays "P21Forth" on the video display
immediately after the processor is reset, without waiting for keyboard
input, doesn't it?  I'm using the slow.rom image file burned into an
eprom chip, and the system is based on Dr. Ting's P21A5 PCB schematic
that he put in the MuP21 Manual.  I have not yet hooked a keyboard to
the system, and am simply trying right now to apply power and get it to
put "P21Forth" on the screen so I can know that the system is working
and thus I strung all my wires correctly.  But when I apply power, I get
no video out.  Before I go troubleshooting, I want to make sure it's
supposed to actually be generating video even with no keyboard attached.

--Andrew
asieber@usa.net