Re: My 2 cents on bootstrap loaders. (fwd)

>Anyway, I  thought that the F21 boot was intended to be via the network
interface.
As I've said before if this feature is implimented (which I believe isn't
yet) and it's not too hard to drive the network lines from a pc (which I've
been told is the case) then I don't need a bootstrap. I don't think I even
have a preference for one over the other, either will do.

...........................................................There also
>> needs to be a way to disable the bootstrap so a normal reset can happen
>> (such as testing for a break on the serial line).
>
>I presume you mean after the boot-up. Probably some latch to be set and
>maintained so long as power remains on.

No, I mean you have to option of booting serially or booting from flashrom
etc. I don't want a chip that *has* to be booted serially but I do want the
option. My hc16 forth board tries to boot via an rs232 line but failing
that it looks for internal flash rom. It makes embedded system development
very easy. I write/debug the software in the target machine - when I'm done
a single command puts the image in flash - I unplug the pc and it's ready
to boot as a stand alone blackbox.
Eddie,

Edward Matejowsky - Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane, Australia)
personal home page at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~eddiema/index.html