webcast and CD

Dear MISC readers:

>Sorry to see the death of your almost live video image though the
>picture with you and the car in the background did seem to looses
>it's effect after a while ;)

It didn't die.  I only did three broadcasts so far.  One from
Ultra Technology, one from my office at iTV, and one from my
Tuesday night class.  I didn't study the access logs, but I
didn't get any feedback from anyone so I just assumed that no
one was interested.  I could give some warning somewhere that
it was going to happen, or I could do it more regularly if I
thought anyone was interested.  I thought I might broadcast
stills from Chuck's presentation, but I did not have snappy and
because of equipment problems I was very busy taking notes rather
than running a camera.

The "sometimes almost live webcast" is just a picture that updates
several times a minute from a video feed.  It would be nice to
be able to do it right with mpeg compression and a live broadcast
of audio and video.  However that would require more hardware and
different software than I am now using.

I like the idea of a CD, it is nicer than tapes for those with
computers with CDs.  We could include some of the interview about
MISC and OKAD at Chuck's house in 94, some of the presentation to
SVFIG on VLSI CAD in 94, and the yet to be done interview.  I could
include stuff from my web site as there is really only a few megs
there.  I might even be able to get some of Dr. Ting's stuff in
the CD too.  I have never made a CD before however and they do hold
a large amount of stuff so it would be a lot of work.  It is an
interesting idea though.

Jeff Fox              jfox@dnai.com
Ultra Technology Inc. http://www.dnai.com/~jfox/