Re: Memories are made of....

From:           Self <HFS01/WMOR1>
To:             luis@cybogen.com
Subject:        Re: Memories are made of....
Date sent:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:09:50

> >What I was getting at is to ask Chuck about ideas to rest back
> >mindshare and control from other languages by matching and exceeding
> >market expectations (there needs).
> >
> >Wayne.
> >

> As for making Forth more 'visible' in the programming community: Any
> suggestions?....

A summary to the reply.

I personally would like another Stack language that takes on the
Visual tools and Java VM type features.  Forth could be this
language, it is extensible, a new forth word  set is a start
(N(f)orth, pun intended.  There  are great possibilities  I wish to
discuss in the group...

I beleive that  subversion (right word?) is the best way to get stack
machines on the desktop.  If we produced expansion cards around stack
chips, millions could be produced, after this time drivers could be
produced to route Java code to them to perform.  Simple but a start
(actually we could just produce  IO Java cards from the start).
Ontop of this is the ingeniouse part, Forth code in Java could be
recognised  and translated into pure stack based code, and kick but.
So stack machine and forth code become the defacto standard of
chioce, the fact that Java machines also run it adds compatability.
Actually I'm going to forward this to the group.

----
Processor +IO functions on card or Processor, IO + Java translation.
Sales Xm.
Forth Script standardised.
Drivers distributed (evedn on the net the chips could automatically
download the drivers (if not owned allready) like a plug in.
Forth Script recognised and translated to pure stack code.
----

Wayne.

Wayne Morellini  <wmor1@student.monash.edu.au>

Post Graduate Student Representative.
Rusden Campus, Deakin University, Vic, Australia.

GradDip Media Studies (Current), Bach InfoTech (Distinction)
& AD Business(Computing).