Building it... & MISC

My last question brought to mind a new question, how are y'all housing your
homebuilt projects?  Are they simply on exposed PCBs, or have you
built/bought cases to put them in?  Other than building the processors for
the fun of it, are you putting them to use in any way?  What peripherals do
you have?  Hard drive, keyboard, LCD or monitor, floppy drive, etc.?  Did you
buy those, or fabricate your own?

And, back on the sybject of MISC <G>, does the concept of MISC extend beyond
the processor?  In other words, in a MISC world, would individual computers
perform only minimal tasks, like computer A would perform word processing and
computer B perform communications functions?  And, computer A & B would
network to transmit information?  This is an extremely simplified example,
but I hope it conveys my conceptual question.