Re: Home built PCBs

In message <3.0.3.32.19971121124850.0094ccb0@foundry.cibolo.com> John Griessen
writes:

> If you imagine using a macro circuit printing method to
> get a flatter system, or to do glue logic, then speed may
> not be the main thing. If speed is the main thing in your
> design, then small is beautiful, but you have to get up to
> visible scale to connect to sensors or motors or displays
> eventually, so that is another place to apply homebrew PCBs.
> I am going to try out the direct toner method of printing conductive
> paths with a okidata LED printer in a while, so I would like to
> hear if anyone has suggestions for that.

One thing that I have tried for proto-type module make-up was to use a Roland
Pen Plotter (flatbed A3) to draw the etch resistant ink onto the copper clad
directly. You need to select a good plunger nib pen with suitable tip material
and topography and you need to ensure really clean copper. It's great for
trying a small part of the circuit out. Double side is possible to do if you
set-up correctly for it and ensure good registration.

--
Paul E. Bennett ................... <peb@transcontech.co.uk>
Transport Control Technology Ltd.   <http://www.tcontec.demon.co.uk/>