  • To: "'hello@xxxxxxxxxx'" <hello@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: requested information
  • From: "Gary O. Langford" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:14:04 -0800
Dear Leo Wong,

Thank You for your inquiry concerning iTvc Internet products.  The iTv Corporation was founded in 1995 to bring high performance low-cost Internet technology to the general public.  We have developed three versions of Internet access computers for Email and Web browsing.
1.  Portable unit which uses a built-in LCD screen and built-in keyboard.  The
     LCD screen displays 320 x 200 pixels and has a 4' diagonal.  The
     keyboard is 8.5" wide and provides the key spacing to really touch type.
     This is not a toy keyboard.  The unit will also display onto a TV set.
     Connection to the Internet is through an Internet Service Provider (ISP) of
     your choosing over a POTS telephone line.  The unit is 8.5" x 7" x 0.6".
     Retail price is $199.  Includes 33.6 Kbps modem, cables, instructions
     and protective case.
2.  Portable 5" TV set and radio with full-sized keyboard (wired or infrared).
     Retail price is $129.  Includes 33.6 Kbps modem, cables, instructions.
3.  Set-top unit which displays onto any US standard TV set.
     Retail price is $149. Includes 33.6 Kbps modem, cables, instructions.

All products are based on a full custom microprocessor designed by The iTv Corporation.  The microprocessor is asynchronous, has 16,500 transistors, uses 1.5 square millimeters of silicon at 0.8 micron foundry process.  Integrated onto this chip is the NTSC/PAL video output generator, serial and parallel communications, memory manager co-processor, LCD controller, and keyboard controller.

The product units have 2.5 Mbytes of DRAM, 0.5 Mbytes of Flash memory, 33.6 Kbps modems, full-sized keyboards, TV output jacks, and telephone input jacks.

Future product releases will include a 40 Mbps cable modem.

With Kindest Regards,

Gary Langford
The iTv Corporation ("iTvc")