iTV products

Dear MISC readers:

>From: Mark Tillotson <markt@ctf.com>
>To: "'MISC@pisa.rockefeller.edu'" <MISC>
>Subject: RE: Fwd: requested information
>
>In the information that Gary Langford at  iTv Corporation sent to Leo Wong,
>the price for the third configuration is higher than for the second:
>
>2.  Portable 5" TV set and radio with full-sized keyboard (wired or
infrared).
>     Retail price is $129.  Includes 33.6 Kbps modem, cables, instructions.
>3.  Set-top unit which displays onto any US standard TV set.
>     Retail price is $149. Includes 33.6 Kbps modem, cables, instructions.
>
>It looks like they are proposing to charge you $20 to take away the keyboard,
>tv and radio.

I had the same reaction when I saw the information.

My understanding is that the difference is that you take away $20
by replacing our box with the box containing the TV and power supply.
There are always market positioning and profit factors involved too.

>Is it possible that the price for the third option should have been
>$49 instead of $149.  This would then match what was quoted in Barron's on
>12/15/97 as linked to on Jeff's web page.  Also, you will need some sort of
>keyboard (or remote control) to use with the third configuration.

A $49 product has not yet been anounced.  A $49 target price for a
product has, but it is not one of our first prototypes.

>I see that there is still no information on when these products will be
available.

No such announcements have been made.

Jeff Fox