Re: F21d - Video, Mup21 instructions.

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Wayne Morellini wrote:

> Actually I would like to see a multi-processing module to handle 24 bit
> graphics, 3-D, 3-D stereo sound, the before mentioned IO wish list, for
> a handheld system (Java, Win-CE, game system).  It could be done with

IICK!  IICK!  AACK!  Out out, damn spot!

It's PalmOS or NOTHING, no matter HOW good the underlying hardware is.
Java is just plain too slow, and WinCE makes me wince (and vomit, and go
into siesures, et. al.).

> What people don't relise is that they can be used for full sized
> displays through projection.  By the looks of it, I think, it should be

Assuming the visual emitters in the device have enough output power, yes.
However, if they're designed to be viewed directly by the eye, I don't see
the output power being significant enough, except in a VERY dark room.

> should be possible to have light handheld computer systems that consume
> 100Mw of power with SVGA colour display.

You mean 100mW.... ;)  I sure wouldn't want  a handheld that consumed 100
Mega-watts of power... ;D

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net