apology to MISC readers

Dear MISC mail list readers:

Please excuse me.

I was thinking about my last posts to the list and I wanted to
offer an apology to the readers.  I realized that although
complaining about the sacrifices that I have made to get my own
personal F21 computer like it taking so long and costing so much
money that I was also bragging about my new PC to people who
don't have one like it. (mine is better or at least more expensive
than yours. yanyanyanana)

I wasn't thinking how I have said so many times that the reason
the marketing works economically in the PC industry is that PCs
are mostly about status, who has the most expensive one.  So I
am guilty of bragging about being able to afford a pretty expensive
PC.  Although I assure you I am broke in other ways.  But happy.

I know that I also guilty of bragging how great my 5.5 billion
instruction per second custom personal computer that will fit
in my shirt pocket is and how cool the programs are.  I don't
mean to rub it into anyone's face (well part of me does)
because I know that there are some people out there who do
wish they had one and don't.  And it could be taken as having
little difference from someone who brags about how expensive
and wasteful his latest mostly unused computer or ferarri is to
a homeless person.  But I will be giving away a fair share
of those chips to other people to play.  I can live with less
than 5.5 Forth Gips in my pocket for a while.

I also have said for many years that yes I wanted this toy but
I also wanted it to be able to give them away like Chuck gave
away Forth.  I really don't need much money and I am sorry
to brag about having cool toys.

I being a nieve arrogant fool.  I have never denied that, I
brag about that too.  At least I am thinking about dropping
the nieve part.

I have not given up on my dreams nor have I decided that they
have all already come true.  Mostly I am still in the stage
where I just can't believe that I am where I am.

I love the movies "Tucker a Man and His Dream" and I have
felt like that working with Chuck on our dreams.
I love the part where Martin Landau says, "How did I know
that I would catch your dreams?"

Some people who have been kind and helpful will get chips
for free.  I might even sell a few.  I really don't feel
like breaking up the litter right now but that will pass.
They are cute little creates and very nice if you don't
abuse them and try to turn them into daleks.

I know that people who have published misinformation about
the project or even called me a liar, snake oil salesman, and
cultist are not interested in my chips.  That is good because
we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

The whole project could explode at any time or die and come
back as some reincarnation somewhere.  The ideas have all been
given away for the most part and the reseach and a lot of
development done and a lot of stuff has been published, yes
more could.  If my web site gets shut down I will try to
give some warning to anyone who wants to mirror or copy it
or files there.

We came very close to that last week, also very close to a
very big explosion of the project like we always wanted.  It
is fun!  As Chuck has said, "Or you can try to have fun, and
that always works."  That is my strategy right now.

Jeff Fox
Ultra Technology