RE: minimalism ala Dr. Ting

Dear MISC readers,

Jeff said, among many more relevant things,

	> I like Dr. Ting a lot.

So do I, though I've never met him.  I've spent several hundred dollars
on Offete products.

I'm glad that Dr. Ting agrees with me about the poor quality of his
products,
even though his and my idea of fun seem to differ radically.

I wonder though.  Would he enjoy reading equivalents of these in his
native Chinese:

> Forth is often mentioned not only as a computer language but also a
> religion, because of its feverish followers.

> Zen and Forth both started as revolutions toward well entrenched
> establishments.

> Zen and Forth both stressed that their matters of subject were simple
> and straightfoward.

> However, it was in the interests of the entrenched establishment....

> Here I would like to compare Zen and Forth in greater details....

> However, one should be able to see the common threads in them,
> as the themes of  simplicity, personal understanding, enlightenment,
> and the struggles against prevailing established doctrines recurring
> time and again in both texts.

> This is how I would like to have this book laid eventually.

> It laid dormant for a hundred years....

> Eventually, during the reign of the Sixth Partriarch, Huineng (638-714
AD),
> it blossomed in full and became the dominating religious philosophy in
> China ever since.

> When we stop equating bigger with better, and more to happier, then we
> can re-evaluate the computer technology in a new light.

> Most of the Sutra translations were done poorly and required a priest
for
> the interpretation and dissimulation.

> "When you read it, it is as if you am talking to me."

et cetera et cetera and so on and so f----.

It is partly because I think Dr. Ting loves beauty that I am distressed
at
some of the things he puts before the public.

Leo Wong
hello@albany.net
http://www.albany.net/~hello/