Re: Funding

My best wishes,

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:

> I strongly agree that Jeff and the technology that he, Chuck and others
> have been developing deserve support -- materially, technically, and
> intellectually. Jeff, for one, has certainly put his own money and life
> behind his
> convictions.

Yes, and if one is in a bad position one has only a few friends, if any!
I'm ready to support the project wherever I can help.

> At base, I think the initiative has to come from Jeff. He has to make
> clear what he wants to achieve and what he feels comfortable with. In
> turn,
> those of us who believe in him have to put our creative and
> material resources to work in a format that we feel comfortable with.
>
> Beyond that, I heartily endorse your proposal, Luis.

I completely agree!

> Incidently, from the few postings I've seen from Jeff since he went on
> "vacation," I have the feeling that he's not drinking Pina Coladas. He
> still seems to be hard at work.

Hopefully the Cabernet don't kill him ...

I'm sure he's strong enough to push himself forward!
The most frustrating part is waiting for something to happen. We really
should think about some further concrete steps, if things are ok for Jeff.
I'm open minded and I personally would like the idea very much to push the
project into the Millenium! It's F21!!

Soeren <tiedema@mail.uni-freiburg.de>