RE: Funding

Hello Lloyd and others,

I would like to second the motion that we interested parties
on the MISC list get more involved.  I also do not have much
money to contribute to the effort, but I would be very willing
to spend time and creative energy in a collaborative venture.
I am a mechanical designer and amateur programmer with z80
assembler and forth skills.  I also have many friends at the
company I work for whom I may be able to talk into
contributing in some way (http://www.ctf.com).  One tool which
I have access to is an electron microscope which might be
useful in verifying a chips physical characteristics. Another
is a CNC mill for making prototype cases, robotic parts etc.
Others on this list probably have their own special skills and
abilities, which they could bring to this project.  Why don't
we all try to list these so that Jeff and others will know
what resources they can call on?  If Jeff can find ways in
which we can all work together, we may yet find a way of
making his F21 dream a reality.

In regard to the matter of money:  While Jeff and we readers
of the MISC list may see the current performance of the F21d
as validating the chip, others will probably have difficulty
seeing beyond the fact that it can only execute one
instruction per word. Therefore, there will probably need to
be another fab run in order to convince others that F21 is a
viable chip for use in their products.  Towards this end, the
only suggestion which I have would be that enough people be
willing to buy a chip from the next run ahead of time.  I know
that Jeff has not had too much success with this type of
approach in the past, but like Lloyds example of KPFA public
radio, I think that it would be different if people knew that
it wouldn't happen without their help.

Best wishes to all,
Mark Tillotson