Re: Funding

I agree with Dan and rather like the fee based monthly email newsletter, if Jeff
is comfortable about that.  Reading the Misc correspondence way over here, there
has not been very much I can contribute to the discussion, but that does mean I
am not interested and very willing to contribute to the project (and Jeff's well
being!).  There are probably many like me who just want a simple way to send over
a contibution - without stuffing around getting checks in US$.
Jeff, when you are back from holiday ( whatever that is turning out to be) let us
know what you want us to do and how.  I had no idea things were so bad for you
and I owe you plenty for all the free software you have given me over the years,
so jst look on nay contribution I make as delayed payment!
Cheers
Tim.

Dan C. Rinnert wrote:

> Why not keep it simple to avoid the hassles?  Something such as a fee-based
> monthly eMail newsletter, for $10/$20/$30/whatever per year.  If Jeff could
> include a status report, and others submit ideas and how-to's and so forth,
> this could be a useful resource as both a funding source and an evangelising
> tool.  No squabbles over ownership since contributors are purchasing a
> product (the newsletter) and not buying shares of the company or anything.
> If someone would volunteer to put together and distribute the newsletter to
> subscribers, costs are very minimal and the majority of money collected would
> go straight into the "High Tech Fund".
>
> This approach avoids any squabbles over technology ownership, would provide a
> useful resource for interested parties and would bring in money to support
> the technology.
>
> Anyway, just an idea I thought I'd throw out for consideration.
>
> Dan

>  Sent via Canville Virtual Village: Your Community Network
>       Visit us on the web: <http://www.canville.net/>

Prof. Tim Hendtlass
Centre for Intelligent Systems. School of
Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering,
Swinburne University of Technology. PO Box 218.
Hawthorn Victoria AUSTRALIA  3122
Ph:  61 3 9214 8863. Fax: 61 3 9819 0856