Re: Grateful Dead Marketing

Hiya,

I agree that this misconception is widespread (and sometimes justified) but
the success Linux is riding on is based on greater user knowledge, a more
informed 'public' is what is needed to bring the message home (as it stands
most 'converts' are very familiar with several OSes, so their conversion is
based on a wider experience). There are efforts to make it more mainstream
with companies like Corel and HP supporting it (and in the case of Corel:
actively developing a 'user friendly' frontend and installation).

Regards,

Luis.