Re: Humboldt Bank

dirnfir wrote:

>Has anyone seen this page: http://www.ultratechnology.com/hb.htm ?

No, until you pointed it out -- this is another "sad story",
indeed!!!

This may seem arrogant for a newbie such as myself, but on the 'net
of a million lies, I have to wonder what the truth is;  this is a
mailing-list, not a small town, and I have no idea what the *real*
story may be -- who is scamming who?  Or if no scam exists, then what
hideous mis-perceptions and mis-interpretations have allowed this
situation to come to be?

I am a rabid advocate of: "dare to be different!", but a 20-bit word
size???  Gimme a break!  There is a time to be a maverick, and there
is a time to co-operate with the rest of society, not all of which is
composed of stupid people...  MISC designs are forever doomed to
market failure if they stubbornly fly in the face of decent standards
that took years and years of work by many intelligent, dedicated, and
big-hearted people to solidify.

I really *hate* to say this, but for a verrry long time, the only
satisfactory effort that I've ever seen has been the Harris RTX,
period.

Moore, Fox, and Ting seem perpetually stuck in their sandboxes --
having fun, sure, but demonstrably incapable of producing working
silicon, evasive wrt badly-needed design data, and *repeatedly*
frustrating to seriously interested customers.

Am I wrong?  Then kindly skip the flames, and simply correct me on
this subject.

>And what does this mean for MISC technology?

Just another f**king setback -- you can't kill a good idea...

feeling glum   - vic