PSC1000

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Keith Wootten wrote:

> Are you unaware of the Patriot Scientific PSC1000 (ShBoom) processor?

No, I'm not.
It's a very fast and very interesting Processor. In my opinion it is the
fastest, best running and best documented Forth-Processor at the moment.
But I would like to move further on. Chuck's newer designs build upon this
architecture.

> It's available, (I use it with a simple Forth cross-compiler built with
> Win32Forth)

Very interesting!
The chip is marketed in Germany too. Some weeks ago I couldn't sleep some
nights because I was very close to get some for the project I work on.
It's a good design with the glueless memory coprocessor and the I/O
coprocessor. The only strange thing is, that Patriot offered only a C/C++
or JAVA development kit, even if it is a forth machine! Sounds silly but
in order to successfully sell them it's the path they followed up. There's
a guy in Germany who develops a complete FORTH environment for the PSC1000
but I don't know how far developed it is.

I have specialized myself on developing software with the MISC the last
months and I was very pleased. It is my fate to focus on that subject, I
don't know.

If there are good news on the PSC front, please let me know!
( I CAN develop in 'C' but I DON'T WANT to do it ! I would only use the
  assembler ... )

Best wishes,

Soeren <tiedema@mail.uni-freiburg.de>