Re: nForth

The Xilinx tools have excellent on chip RAM for dual stacks.
One of the reasons I chose it.

The built in carry chains are also good for fast counters and adders.
Precluding the need for look ahead carry chain up to 32 bits.

Machine FORTH is competitive with compiled C.

You could do a two memory cycle 32 bitter on the XC4005 according to
others who have done register based machines on this chip.

Simon

Simon - http://www.tefbbs.com/spacetime/index.htm