Re: echo timer web page

A look at transmission line theory would help a lot.

ALL transmission lines have reflections at discontinuities.

At 'low' frequencies the discontinuities get mixed with the incoming
wave and at the time resolutions commonly used are not visible.

They are there.

The circuit is not unbelievable if you know anything about
how modern frequency counters do fractional cycle
counts. Using A/D circuits. (ask HP).

The only people mystified are the ignorant. (seems to be
a lot of that going around)

A 16 bit A/D should resolve out to 1.2GHz.
A 256 bit A/D would work out to 19.2GHz.
About .05nS resolution.

A current source is turned on at the end of the last input cycle counted and
turned off at the end of the count period. Then the charge accumulated on a
capacitor is measured. Not a mystery if you know the general principles.
Working out the details of course might require a few tries. Rome
wasn't built without a few prototypes.

Give out more details. It would make your statements
easier to believe (to the under educated)

Don't think that just because Chuck uses an idea that
he invented it.

I respect what you and Chuck are doing but in my not so
humble opinion there is too much secrecy.

BTW in another Iife I was a radio engineer.

In fact I was chief engineer for WTAO. You can't get
any higher than that :-)

Simon

>I posted a page on the echo timer today at
>http://www.ultratechnology.com/echo.htm
>
>Jeff Fox
>
>Opinions expressed herein are strictly my own and may or may not represent
my views at this particular time or any other

Simon - http://www.tefbbs.com/spacetime/index.htm