Re: MISC-d Digest V99 #44

>António José Gomes:
>So, if I understand correctly, all circuits are custom electronic circuits
>which Chuck tailors to do exactly as he want them and not using any standard
>circuit design;

Yes.

>Is he using bipolar transistors or simply MOS (NMOS, CMOS or other)
>transistors?

CMOS, HP's 0.8 micron single-poly 3-metal layers,
through MOSIS (a VLSI fab service, see http://www.mosis.org)

>>...(see my march-17th mail to the misc mailing list)...
>I've read the post you're refering to.
>As I do not know Chuck personally, its dificult for me without more details
>to know exectly how to put everithing I already know in it's right place as
>I must take what I've hear and what I read for their literal value.

It's an excellent behaviour not to trust at once anything said by anybody.

I really hope that Chuck's way of sculpturing the silicon won't disappear with
him, and that the f21 he designs for Jeff will soon be available.  I just warn
people who want to support him as I did: although Chuck put Forth in the public
domain 20 years ago, don't think that he is freeware minded; don't expect him
to put OKAD also in the public (or shareware or freeware) domain; if you ever
support him and/or associate with him, don't assume him to be fair with you;
before you start supporting him, write down first, with the help of a good
lawyer, what you expect in return, and don't give him a penny before he signs,
otherwise you may get nothing; for my support, I got suspicion and treachery.

A warned man is wiser.

CL