Re: next generation PlayStation

I wouldn't say FireWire is slow....400Mbit/s!! Faster than USB2 even. Self powered and very long cable lengths possible.
If you want to compare it with the latest SCSI developments I'd consider that another issue, SCSI is bulky, even the thin connectors are big for small projects.
I suppose for the speed thrill you could go optical.

Luis.