Re: Over the hills and far away

To satisfy some of those 'diverse' needs? have a look at this:

(URLs:http://byamerican.com/abouttcap.htm and http://www.byamerican.com/alsi/)

ALL ABOUT THE TCAP:
The ACC Transfer Capacitor ("TCAP") --a semiconductor
capable of 12-Teraherz-Speed, when used for Microprocessor
Logic Gates and for High Performance Memory Applications
	American Computer Company readying a new kind of semiconducting device which
rivals the Transistor --the Transcapacitor: a 12-Teraherz Clock Speed Microprocessor
& Storage "Building Block" Component which could Revolutionize Consumer Electronics
and all forms of Computing and communications, by making low cost CPUs and Disk Drives run
as much as 10,000 times faster, consume minute quantities of power and occupy 50 times less space.

>>> "vic plichota" <atsvap@cgo.wave.ca> 15/06/99 20:14:25 >>>

<kersnipped>

I frankly relish the diversity and imagination displayed (or even
merely pointed-to) in this forum (OK, not lately, but that's life).
My digital career started with wire-wrapping SSI NAND-gates on
perf-board...  today's technology is astonishing, but daunting -- I
would prefer bringing back the cottage-industry flavor to the
business, if only because innovation tends to be suppressed when
big-$ get involved.

Ah, well;  at least the MISC list is a freak-freely forum, not a
business consortium.

cheers  - vic