Re: Holy Doodle Batman

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:17:21 -0300 (EDT), MISC@pisa.rockefeller.edu wrote:
> I think I would summarize the recent discussions as saying that the
> options we have today are:
> 1. work the common RISC or CISC chips
> 2. work with fifteen year old Forth chips although they are getting hard to find
>    (Novix, RTX etc)  (sc32 is in between)
> 3. work with ten year old Forth chips recently released
>    (Shboom)
> 4. work with your own versions of the old designs like the Novix from Russia,
>    or the Novix in FPGA in Sweden, QS-5 or P16 in FPGA etc.
> 5. work with Chuck's vlsi chips from 5 years ago (P21)
> 6. work with Chuck's latest vlsi designs
> 7. work out your own new designs in FPGA or VLSI

And where this summary might be useful is to indicate when and if any
of these "steps" are in fact progressions.

I think some of what is being said is that some of these steps are
not nessarily forward...  Then, of course, there's the definition of
"forward", isn't there?

Arnim.

(no finger pointing intended, since that achieves nothing)
--
Arnim Littek                                        arnim@med-dev.com
Med-Dev Ltd.					    ph. +64-4-383-5797