Re[2]: Simple Forth processor witten in VHDL.

> I envision being able to replace the 68HC11

OK, so you are talking about a 16-bit machine, with a unified
code/data/IO address space of 64K?  This sounds like a reasonable and
do-able goal, well able to handle robotics and datacomm tasks.

> A 200 mhz Forth Processor with custom I/O ports
> for these prices would interest me, anyway.

These are very interesting prices, indeed!  Does Quicklogic have any
flavours with RAM blocks, or multiplier macros?  Is there any added
cost for running their simulation / verification tools?

Also bear in mind that the PatSci 1000 is a *guaranteed working*
100MHz 32-bit machine, for $25...  but I would be happy to sacrifice
performance for a smaller footprint, in some app's.

Avoiding surface-mount assembly is a big bonus, also -- a complete
system including connectors could be built within the size of a
business card!

cheers  - vic