marketing: a philosophical note (OK, rant)

Big Business decrees:

- what sort of clothes I can wear

- what kind of motorcycle I can own (I'm a 2-stroke freak, sorry...)

- which foods are stocked in my local supermarket

- that I should worry about the fact that my wife doesn't shave her
legs or armpits...

- etc.

Most importantly, Big Business is doing it's utmost to ensure that
cottage-industry will die.  Components and tools are regularly
discouraged, denied, suppressed, and withdrawn in favour of (some
asshole's idea of) The Big Picture -- I put up with this pathetic
situation only as I must to survive, and continue to applaud
innovation + the right tool for the right job, even if it doesn't
make me get rich.

tiny frog in a tiny pond, out of his league...    - vic

PS:  if computers are such a liberating technology, then *why* do I
find myself working harder, for less reward, than ever before?
Christ, no wonder kids today have such a tough time growing-up...