mad mp3

There's been discussion on this list in the past about making an mp3
player based on the F21.  I just noticed an implementation using only
integer arithmetic at <http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/>,
thought I'd pass along the reference.

The library which does the decoding adds up to about 8KB of C source,
almost half of which is composed of data (Huffman code words for Layer
III).  I'm going to dabble with writing a Machine Forth decoder
inspired by this code, but it'll probably be some time before I have
anything to show for it.  If anyone else decides to do some work on
this though maybe they could coordinate with me, perhaps share some
code or ideas?