Re: shitty programming [WAS: Chucks address]

At 10:06 PM 6/13/00 -0400, vic plichota wrote:
> > >my 2 cents    - vic
> >
> > True. But sometimes that is good enough.
>

>Please don't take it personally, it was just a general observation --
>in fact I appreciate your point -- but I am in an absolutely terrible
>mood today (had to tell an abusive client to fuck off).
>

>cheers   - vic

No problem.

In fact I agree.

The sorry state of current hardware and software is because the two disciplines
have become relatively isolated.

The MISC group are the only ones trying to think about this subject in any
deep way.

I read about a group trying to impliment C in hardware. What a hoot.
C internals are ugly and require LOTS of registers to make things even
quasi efficient. Then there is that ugly 'stack frame' . What an terrible use
of a stack.

I could go on.

Simon