Beginning with FORTH

Hi !

I joined this list, because I am interested in CPU architecture (currently just from a students/hobbyist
side of view) and I think MISC and stack based CPUs in general are a very interesting approach.

I am planning to design (and build) a stack based CPU. I already built a register/accu based
architecture so I guess the hardware side is not the problem.

My problem is, that I have no Forth experience. So I am looking for the following:

- A good introductionary text about forth.
- A compiler thats usable without too much experience. Preferrable one thats not
very bloated and comes with source so I can change the target architecture.

Maybe someone can point me to useful resources on the web ?

TIA

--
    Tim Böscke.