Re: CPUs and Forth | namespace

> But a number of the ANS Forth experts have said that they don't
> consider it Forth
> [...]
> Forth means really different things to different people.

apparently, that seems very true, and so it would only be smart to
avoid ongoing confusion and clashes in the name space by choosing new
names.

> However Chuck does what I think other people should do and likes to
> use a qualifier when he uses the word Forth.  He will say "Machine
> Forth" or "Color Forth" for clarity.

i think that is already very good.  but it might make sense for him to
find an even more different name to make clear that what CM uses now
has evolved considerably from what forth used to be.  why not call it
"fifth" ?  :-)

--
greetings
markus krummenacker