Apology

Looking back, I still agree with a lot of what I said, I still think there
are significant issues regarding both the documentation and Jeff that are
drastically and unpleasantly affecting the MISC community.  I still think
that Jeff doesn't realize the full extent of some of these issues.

But none of that comes close to excusing how I've acted lately.  I can't
think of any great excuses or justifications, or anything great that's
come of it.  About the only thing that anyone could learn from it is that
it's easy to become frustrated when talking to Jeff, but I think we all
learned that a long time ago, no need for another person to blow up in the
list about it (esp. since I probably upped the level of rudeness to
new lows).  So I hope you all will accept my apology.  I don't really
think anyone really expects me to change -- I'll do my best to
stop being an ass towards Jeff, but I have no intention to cease
criticizing him or Ting or the MuP21 when I see problems.

Thanks to everyone who's provided help.  If I've criticized you (mostly
Soeren and Jeff, I think), please take it with a grain of salt -- I may
or may not have been right when criticizing your answer, but odds are I
made it a lot ruder than it had to be.

Mostly I need to apologize to Jeff who has not been perfect but has
certainly gone far and above the call of duty, esp. considering the
circumstances.  I still disagree with some of what he's said about me, but
even still I think I did start the hostility in this conversation, and
it's very hard not to respond in kind when someone is attacking him as
much as I was.

I've cc'd him personally in hopes that the mailer on my machine will be
able to deliver the mail even though the list software probably won't (I
entered ultratechnology.com's IP of 209.182.128.10 directly, since
internic seems to be not allowing it to work today).