Crim and the P21/F21

Ooops, I forgot to say something:

A medium-term project for Crim is to implement a P21/F21 emulator for
Linux. I'll try to write the emulator in C because my intention is not
to write the best thing possible but to let the garden-variety Linux
hacker play with it -- and they'll be much happier with something that
they can single-step using tools they already know, and extend with
calls to the C libraries (I'm planning to use some of the undefined
x21 instructions for this).

Comments, suggestions, links? Does anyone have the skeleton of a x21
emulator written in C? I don't have a DOS/Windows box, and running the
x21 emulator/simulator under DOSEMU is inconvenient to say the least,
so I have very little experience with it... Would it be easy to change
the P21 eForth to make it communicate through a simulated serial line,
to make the interface of the emulator trivial? And what about OK?

  Cheers from a long-time lurker,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/
    http://angg.twu.net/forth.html