1 Messages, Can we keep the size down a bit?

After recent months I would like to suggest that we keep email sizes down a
bit.

I don't mind reading lots of off topic emails or other peoples opinions but
10-20k messages are a bit much to read. I have just finished reading Misc
39-56 (over 600k of mail) and apart from taking up oddles of time (busy and
not particularly fast reader) it also max's out my email account then
hotmail starts "randomly" deleting :).

I would like to suggest that the only really big emails needed is when
"players" like Jeff, make announcements and answer questions.  That emails
be a bit concise and to the piont (short).  At times (like 6 years ago with
FPU and Risc processor discussions) the list is spewing out too much off
topic email a day to read ( this is a general thing not aimed at recent
events, and not about Misc62).

Thank you, I know somebody is probabaly going to complain, but things can be
done in a much shorter manner.

Wayne.