Re: p16 is VHDL

At 12:42 20000820 -0700, Jeff Fox wrote:
>Dear MISC readers:
>
>Yesterday Dr. C. H. Ting gave a presentation to the Silicon Valley
>chapter of the Forth Interest Group on a VHDL version of his P16
>microprocessor core.  I have created an html page with some of the
>information he presented in his lecture and his handout of the
>VHDL code.  For those interestd it is available at:
>http://www.ultratechnology.com/p16vhdl.htm
>
>Jeff Fox

Sorry, if I ever spoke wrong of Dr. Ting. This sounds serious!

Since you're the only one of the three God-like creatures
that talks to us ordinary (and down to earth) people, can you
tell us in layman terms what the implications of this revolution
are?

Likely questions:
- How easy is it to implement this processor core in one's
  own design?
- How reliable is it? (Are there ready to use test procedures?)
- How about support, programming wise?
- What are the licensing costs if any? Copyrights?

And why is seemingly important information for the MISC
community presented first to the Forth idiots society (whoes
members only have a marginal interest in the subject matter
since Forth can be run on many platforms) and not presented
here first, where the genuine MISC afficianados linger.

(Just asking this as a lowly reporter for the Chipdir Daily...)

Groeten/Greetings,
Jaap

-- Chip Directory
-- http://www.chipdir.org/
-- And about 30 other mirror sites world-wide...