RE: Recent dialog and old initiatives

I wanted:
      a:  to understand How the alu worked
      b: understand how to simplify  or change it.

So I did it in schematic form.

      Of course being a hardware engineer I love schematics.

       I'm doing all my designs in schematic and schematic macro form except
for the instruction decoder which I'm doing as a PLD type equation.

It forces me to keep things simple and really think through a problem and
the paths
and data flows. Important in the smaller FPGAs.

But I'm bound to try VHDL some day if they ever get a version that isn't C
ugly.
Or I get a paying customer.

Simon