Re: never enough

Jeff Fox wrote:

> I was very impressed.  They are offing the use of their
> nanofab for the R&D community for micro and nano electronics,
> opticial, and micro-electromechanical (MEMS) designs with
> a process in 20 nanometers, .02 micron.  We have been looking
> at going from .6u to .35 or maybe .25 if we are lucky.  I
> didn't know anything like .02 micron might be available.
>
> Of course designs would have to change since line delay
> becomes more signifigant than gate delay below .1 micron
> but that is the sort of thing that OKAD with manual
> layout was designed to handle.

This may also be where FPGA's may help with design if used wisely.
Fpga's already show that characteristic already so designs could
be modeled in FPGA's to evaluate the delay characteristics of
very high speed chips.

Ben.
--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."