new UT video CDs

Dear MISC readers:

I have made changes to the UltraTechnology online store
http://www.ultratechnology.com/store.htm
and removed all of the old video products that were no longer being
ordered. Instead of the 16 $30 or $40 video tapes I now only have
only 3 $10 CD-ROM with various videos in rm format.  No one seemed
interested in the higher quality but more expensive mpeg format
videos which took up a whole CD-ROM each.

The Video 2000 CD-ROM 10 RM has ten videos from Oct, Nov, and Dec of
2000.
This CD contains presentations by Dr. Ting on P16 and P24, Chuck's blue
tooth wireless protocol video and his Fireside chat, Wil Baden and Neil
Bawd's presentations from Forth Day, John Rible's short presentation on
QSP16, and the presentation I did on aha last week for SVFIG in the on
disk
streaming video theater and a copy of the UT website. (I was pleased
that my presentation to FIG was very well received and that several
people
told me that my overview of the history of Forth and Chuck's projects
had made things clear to them. Despite the many presentations that Chuck
had done he throws out so many ideas that they had been confused about
much of it.)

The John Rible FPGA CPU Class CD-ROM 6 RM has a copy of John's
web site and six of his presentatations.  It includes the intro
and the three classes from 1999 on his QS5 baby-risc design and
his short presentation from Forth Day last month and his ninety
minute presentation last week on his QSP16.

The Chuck Moore Video CD-ROM 7 RM has a copy of the UT website
with seven videos of Chuck in the on-disk streaming video theater.
It contains the 1993 interview, 1x Forth, Dispelling the User Illusion,
Fireside Chat 1999, Color Forth 2000, the Blue Tooth Wireless protocol
presentation, and his Fireside Chat 2000 presentation from last month.
Only the Color Forth 2000 and Blue Tooth presentations have not been
transcribed into html format at my site and those presentations have
already been shown in the online Streaming Video Theater.

Purchases may be made online via the Paypal buttons. PayPal has not
yet implemented their shopping cart feature (as far as I know) so
more than one purchase will require more than one transaction online.
I guess I could add a button to order all three CD to make that easier.
These are of course secure transactions through a secure sever.
One may also place orders via email with a WU transfer of money
or through snail mail.

The conversion was large project requiring about 80 hours of work
and new equipment but should make the videos easier to copy and
mail as well as cheaper.  Of course they do require a CD-ROM drive
and streaming video player in software. The earliest video from 93
and the videos from November and December of 2000 have nice audio
tracks but the videos from 1999 through October of 2000 have an
increasing loud noise on the audio track from the aging camcorder.
If anyone has viewed any of the videos in the online streaming video
theater they will know what I mean.

Best wishes,
Jeff Fox