home .. forth .. nosc mail list archive ..

[Nosc] F21 packet modem idea

I was thinking more of a local wireless connection
to a computer with Internet access.  Wireless is
a lot of work but I found the TRF6900A from TI
that is a single chip tranceiver for the 915MHz
ISM band, cheap, low power looks like you could
get ~115KBaud which is pretty good for a single
chip solution, 1Mbit solutions also exist a la
bluetooth but are a nightmare for link mainatence.