home .. forth .. nosc mail list archive ..

[Nosc] Digital hearing aid idea

[John Drake <jmdrake_98@xxxxxxxxx> writes:]

>An idea just hit me that NOSC may be perfect for.
>You see my mother has problem hearing sounds in
>certain frequencies.  But typical hearing aids
>do not adjust frequency, they just amplify volume.

It must depend on price range.  A good friend's wife was a part of a Beta
for a new hearing aid model.  Successive releases were nothing but code
downloads for the--you guessed it--DSP embedded in the hearing aid.
Needless to say, it was doing a *lot* more than amplifying.

$0.02,
Andy Valencia