home .. forth .. nosc mail list archive ..

[Nosc] Digital hearing aid idea

An idea just hit me that NOSC may be perfect for.
You see my mother has problem hearing sounds in
certain frequencies.  But typical hearing aids
do not adjust frequency, they just amplify volume.
So I was wondering if analog-to-digital and
digital-to-analog converters of the F21 could
be used to build a digital hearing aid?  The idea
is to digitize signals, remap them to a lower
frequency (or higher if that's the problem) and
then replay the altered signals in realtime.
Any thoughts on what it would take to accomplish
this?