[ColorForth] colorForth ~popularity

I have not read atlas shruged, I dont intend to unless
i have nothing better to do, I can identify with Roark
but Gualt seems distincivly less tasefull to me.

-- Jonathan Walther <krooger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you like the Fountainhead, you'll like Atlas
> Shrugged even more.
> Ayn Rand is to Neitzhe as John Norman is to de Sade.
>  I find it sad that

Pls. dont lump her in with neitzhe.

the difference between rand and neitzhe can be summud
up in a seemingly subtle comparison.

neitzhe - do what you feel.
Rand - do what you think.

it becomes clearer when you understand that your
emotions are an automatic response to a value, they
are not a tool for direct cognition.

> so many people misinterpret Rand as a license to
> toss any sense of moral
> judgement out the window.

> Moral judgement equating to the general higher good
> of society, because when you benefit society, it
> benefits you in return.

you are an altruist.

by necesity an altruist cannot be an indipendant
person, you cannot be altruistic to youself.

> Anyone here read the stuff by Daniel Quinn?
> Ishmael, Story of B?

never have want to give us an overview