[colorforth] New mailing list for chat

--- Dirk Harms-Merbitz <dirk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to tell Mark in private email that any
> colorForth work is good
> especially when shared.
>
> At the same time, I do not think that it is possible
> or desirable to
> be compatible. Better to pick the battles and excell
> where C won't go.
>
> We'll get more milage that way. TCP/IP is necessary
> to talk to other
> systems. IPv6 would be enough. Again, a Linux box
> could be the gateway out.
>
> It is not hard to design a new compression scheme or
> anything else.
> Changing the problem is what's so refreshing about
> colorforth.

Fine.  DO IT!  I'll be anxiously awaiting seeing
this wonderful new compression scheme that you have
in mind.  Frankly I don't think that a "committee"
made up of people on this mailing list is going
to do a better job.  But hey, prove me wrong.
As for what I find "refreshing" about colorForth
is that you can tackle existing problems
efficiently.  BMP in 4 screens.  JPEG in 7.
Chuck estimates TCP/IP in 3.

Regards,

John M. Drake