[colorforth] cheap hardware for colorforth (was: Hello)

On Friday 20 September 2002 22:17, William Glover wrote:
> I just mentioned the PIC because I know where to buy one.

I have a few around here as well as a 16F84 programmer. While much nicer
than a 8051, it isn't the best alternative as a Forth processor.

> I certainly don't want to suggest limiting our options.

See the "chips" page in the Ultratechnology site.

> Is the F21 still in production? (The page hasn't been updated since
> '98.)

It never was in production, but I think Jeff still has some prototypes
he is selling (see the "store" page). If you can find some serious
money for this, I am sure production won't be a problem. If you want to
start out small, then consider programmable chips (FPGAs).

> The GUI in mouse is just utterly frightening, wow.

The only way it could be more impressive would be if it was powered by
the movement of the mouse (tiny generators connected to the ball). I
guess that would beat a pedal powered PC ;-)

-- Jecel