Re: [colorforth] Self modifying system and bochs

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 09:20 PM, Bill glover wrote:

The bigger question will really be implementation
specific. You'll have to decide what kind of storage
and boot media you want to use. Chuck mentioned
earlier in the list that he's working on bootable USB
thumbdrives. Of course "media" could be a pretty broad
category. I'm still holding out for bootable
self-contained electronic paper. Because most other
display technologies are just plain silly.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your pointers, didn't know you were active on this list too :)

Until bootable paper is here I think a floppy will be ok. But I need some way to communicate with the world. TCP/IP, RS232C, Bluetooth, 802.11, 1-wire, Parallel port, or maybe something else.

What can be simple enough to implement, but powerful enough to use?

/Sten