Re: [colorforth] Self modifying system and bochs

--- Sten Kvamme <skvamme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Until bootable paper is here I think a floppy will
> be ok. But I need

I just wish I had a floppy drive on my laptop. It's
one of those horrible Toshiba Tecras.

> some way to communicate with the world. TCP/IP,
> RS232C, Bluetooth,
> 802.11, 1-wire, Parallel port, or maybe something
> else.
>
> What can be simple enough to implement, but powerful
> enough to use?

Tim Neitz mentioned ealier on the list that he has a
vt52 emulation working over RS232. So that's serial
covered.

http://www.strangegizmo.com/forth/ColorForth/msg00890.html

Coming up with a simple packet protocol over RS232
would be pretty easy. If you need to produce something
a little fancier, a minimal TCP/IP stack with SLIP
that doesn't get too far into things like packet
fragmentation would be doable.

Something similar to this approach:
http://www-ccs.cs.umass.edu/~shri/iPic.html

Here's some related c source for ideas (uIP).
http://www.dunkels.com/adam/uip/

I'm still hoping to get colorForth running on this new
laptop somehow. Bochs would be ideal but so far no
luck and no clues. It comes up, changes to VGA and
then does nothing. Not sure yet where it's hanging.

=====
Help establish a reputation economy
by rating the value of this post:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=BillGlover