[colorforth] Re(2): sponsorship and web site

>   Rant: Money is how free people signal each other what to do! There is
>         nothing wrong with money. Art needs sponsorship. See 16th Chapel.

It is pleasant to see that "we" define "free people" as being those who
have money in the first place. Hooray for social progress!

While I believe said "Art" needs an intense amount of sponsorship, this
is really the symptom of a far less than ideal condition. If you'd like
to commission more "Art", I am sure Mr. Moore would not object to you
doing so at all.

>2) Somebody needs to update the www.colorforth.com webpage from time
>   to time. Right now its just signaling that CF is dead.

As long as the vast majority of us range from phenomenal incompetence
(like myself) to those who are clued in just enough to write fragments of
"real" applications (absolutely no offense intended for anyone who has
made valiant efforts in trying to do real applications!), then yes, CF
could be considered "dead".

If you would like to create your own colorForth page with your own series
of improvements, I am sure that would be doing the community a great service.

>3) Is it time to set up a non-profit? It could pay for things like
>   running a public server, sponsor competitions for best code and so on.

I think Mr. Moore made it clear that he had no intention of doing much
more than "gauging the market" (I believe that is what he wrote) when he
chose to distribute colorForth.

I believe Mr. Moore put colorForth in the public domain so *you* could do
exactly what you propose with no oversight from him. By all means, I
don't think anyone would stop you.

>Comments?
>
>Dirk
>
>PS: BTW, have you noticed that Gentoo is source based Linux?

Frankly, I am kind of disgusted with what Linux has become. But, I will
leave my comments for an off-list discussion, as they have no bearing or
relevance here.

Cheers!

-- Art