Re: [colorforth] Take input from network

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 01:37 pm, Mark Slicker wrote:
> which uses 'key' takes input from the correct source. Until colorForth
> is defined in colorForth, this might be somewhat difficult.

Mark, I recently finished FS/Forth's target compiler.  It's written to
run under GForth, but ought to be reasonably portable to any Forth
environment with a minimum of work.  Studying its code might shed some
light in writing a ColorForth that can meta-compile itself.

It can call Forth words, compile numeric literals, and can do tail-call
optimization.  However, it does not yet have a set of primitives except
for ';'.  I haven't gotten around to write FS/Forth with it yet.  :)

Would you be interested in seeing it?  If so, I can put it up on a
website.

Let me know.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II