Re: [colorforth] Dare I say ANS!

Hi Mark,

From: "Mark Slicker" <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I did not know if Howard was looking for an ok or not, this was just my
> opinion.
Approval is always nice, but I come from a long line of non-conformists, so
I tend to go ahead anyway ;)

> With something like colorForth I don't think it pays to pander to
> different peoples expectations.
Quite. If we do we'll end up with C++ .....

> It doesn't matter if Forth is popular. Commercial software is mostly junk,
> by choice, so I don't understand the desire to push Forth commercially.
As a contract programmer, I would prefer to program in Forth, and to do this
requires that Forth is accepted as a viable language.
This is my motivation to push Forth commercially...

> Also it doesn't take an army to do great things in software as Chuck
> continues to demonstrate. The future is free and open systems. The highest
> quality software will eventually rise to the top.
Sorry to be a pessimist, but the highest quality software is not the most
common at the moment, and I see no tendency for this to change until the
World changes, and I'm not holding my breath...
On a more positive note, there will always be people who only see the
surface of things, but there will always be people who are curious about
reality. It is the latter who will appreciate Forth....

Regards

Howerd  8^)