Re: [colorforth] matrox driver / response

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Mark Slicker wrote:

> I've posted a driver for the Matrox G400[1]. I had done this before, but
> problems remained with the vertical sync interrupt. Thanks to Bernd
> Beuster's pic timer code I have a working driver.
>
> The refresh is tied to the vertical sync which seems to be 60Hz on my
> system. I could program this but I haven't bothered. 60Hz is very fast for
> an interactive display. The G400 really tears through the source blocks
> when driving the editor display.
>
> This code probably deserves a clean up and documentation at some point in
> the furture.
>
> Mark

Mark, Tim here.

I just looked at the code for this, really nice example of the flexability
of colorforth. Wonderfull contribution. Excellent coding style!

I have a GS400 matrox card and will galdly test it asap.
Let me know if I need other hardware.

With kind regards,

Tim Neitz
rj_cf on #c4th IRCnet