Re: [colorforth] DARPA takes aim at IT sacred cows

> I don't know where people get the *crazy* idea that QoS is needed at high
> throughputs.  That's RETARDED.  It's at the *SLOWEST* speeds that you
> need it the most.

QoS must be considered WHENEVER the traffic load on the connection
approches the resonable limits of the bandwith avalible 2400bps is just
fine for an IRC client (i know, i used it for years) it is NOT fun to
install NetBSD over (again, i know (yes 28.8 was avalible, but i wasnt
gonna for over the cash for it for somthing i was only doing once))

and how often did you REALLY consider the OSI model? i know when i was
working as a network tech, i never thought about it (at least not how it
was taught to me ("oh, yes, the MAC address, now which layer is that
at?"))

respectfully,

oninoshiko